Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Big Cleanup



Monday and Tuesday were rainy, but warm days. A very nice change from snow and cold. It hit sixty degrees at our house on Tuesday and melted every last trace of snow in the backyard, so the dogs were happy about that. Tuesday morning I took them down to the yard for their morning poop and pee session and I noticed that the grass was looking very brown. 'Oh my' I thought, 'That grass looks dead'. Then I saw that Chandler was tip toeing through the grass looking for a place to go. He was trying not to step in the massive amounts of dog poo. Chandler hates to step in his own poop. So my yard was not dying, it was covered in dog shit. I sprung into action, fetching my dog cleanup tools and tying two Jewel grocery bags onto my feet to protect my shoes. (Jewel has really thick plastic bags, perfect for poop duty.) I then waded out into the sea of excrement with my dog poo shovel and rake, and started cleaning the yard. I use a five gallon bucket for this job and after thirty minutes of scraping and shoveling, it was almost full. At one point I started going poo blind. It all was looking the same to me.
Is that a turd, or is it a leaf? Is that a turd, or is it mud? Is that a turd... squish. Yes, that was a turd.
It's mostly cleaned up now and Chandler should feel better about walking around out there. Some of it was a bit too soupy to shovel up, so I'll let that just soak into the ground for now. Besides, it's still only February. Another nice, clean white layer of snow could show up at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment