Friday, April 3, 2020

Florida vs Chicago


There seems to be some misunderstanding, some erroneous ideas that I might miss the balmy weather of Florida. I do not. That balmy weather only happens for two months. The rest of the year is unrelenting humidity and heat unlike anything ever experienced in Chicago. Sure, Chicago has had higher temperatures and high humidity, but that bad weather only lasts a few days before it lets loose its grip. We might have a cold spell of below zero temperatures here, but that normally lasts no more than a couple of days. And yes, this was a very long winter that started on Halloween. Really something I've never seen before, snow and below freezing weather on that children's holiday. Which was great in a way, because I wasn't bothered by all those begging kids ringing my doorbell and making my dogs bark. One good thing about the freezing cold is that it mitigates the critters. All winter long, no bugs. Everything that hibernates, hibernated. Whereas in Florida it was a non-stop battle with giant flying cockroaches, fleas, ticks, and other vermin. So, the question is do I like Chicago winter weather more or less than Florida's ten months of hyper-summer? No, not really. But the thing is I can tolerate the winter much easier than Florida heat. A sweaty, overweight, seventy year old man is not a pretty sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment