Monday, April 27, 2020

It's Over, It's Finally Over....


 No, not the Covid19. Winter, winter is over.

Such a beautiful day yesterday that right after breakfast I went out and mowed the lawn. Don't you love the smell of fresh mowed grass? It brings back memories of childhood, when Dad would be out in the yard with that old manual push mower on a Saturday morning. I would hear the clattering of the mower and cursing, and I knew Dad was out there. If he had my older brother out there doing the mowing, you didn't hear cursing because my older brother was a saint. I didn't have to worry about doing that chore for years. Not until Dad decided I was old enough and tall enough to reach the handle on that lawn mower. Which was around five years old. Anyway, yesterday was the first mowing of the yard for the year 2020, and that means winter is truly gone. After cutting the grass, I brought all the plants I started in the basement outside and put them on the picnic table. I have tall marigolds, short marigolds, and petunias that I plan to put in today. Over along the back of the house I turned the soil, added some new soil, and sowed some wildflower seeds. I did that last year and it looked great. Unfortunately, this was the most physical labor I have done in about four months and my back is killing me. So I do plan to join Scout in laying around and doing nothing later today.

1 comment: