Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gummi

When I used to live and work in Chicago, one of my clients was the Farley Candy Company, and one of their products was Gummi Bears. The best part about having them for a client, is that I was allowed to shop in the company store, where I could buy Gummi Bears for fifty cents a pound. Every time I made a visit to the account, I would buy five pounds of the sweets and when I returned to our offices, I'd distribute little baggies of Gummi Bears to everyone's desk. It was just like a drug dealer dropping off little baggies of crack or pot. The folks in the office were always glad when I went to Farley Candy, because they were all addicted.

Luckily for me, I have a found a connection who flies to Germany every week and can get me a fix of the real thing. Gummi Bears from Deutschland. These are not like the ones you get from the grocery store, the texture and flavor surpass those by far. From the time my pusher hands me the bag of candy, and I rip the first one open, I am in sugar rush heaven. I keep telling myself, "just one more, and I'll put them away for later", but later never comes because I can hear them calling me, "Oh fat ass, yoo! hoo!, fat ass, come and eat us.". Before I know it, they are all gone and I'm craving more.

So now I am going through Gummi withdrawals and cursing the evil inventor of Gummis. I wonder if I can talk Mark into running up to the 7-11 for one of those little bags of candy. It's domestic Gummis, but I think they'll do.

8 comments:

  1. Have you tried ordring directly from the company in Germany through mail order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on your last couple of blogs, I take it you're not really trying to stick to your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean the raw meat and Gummi Bear diet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this conflict with the vodka/soda diet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. is this genetic too? I share your gummi obsession.

    gelatin be damned...they taste delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gelatin. If you like ground up cow hoofs. Yummi and Gummi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swedish fish! They are even better than gummi bears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried the Life Saver Gummies? They are great.

    ReplyDelete