Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is Perez Burning?

From clear across the house I can hear Mark's squeaky voice loudly berating the television, and I know it's only a matter of time before he storms into my office with whatever it is that's pissing him off. Sure enough, moments later he's at the door, "Blah, blah, blah, Miss USA, blah, blah, Perez Hilton, blah, blah, gay marriage.". After a few "really's?" and "you don't say's", from me, Mark leaves and returns to watch more of whatever crap he's watching. A short while later, I step into the bedroom for something, and there is Mark, on his computer, watching clip after clip of Miss California blathering on about "her country". She obviously must live in some parallel universe, because I was pretty sure it's my country also, I know I've been paying taxes to it for years.

The truth is, that I don't give a damn about Miss California, Miss USA, or some asshole gossip blogger who changed his name to Perez Hilton so he might be confused with that other worthless piece of crap, Paris Hilton. Mark and apparently CNN, MSNBC, and the rest of the "news" organizations are all in an uproar over what some woman competing in a beauty contest has to say. It's a beauty contest!! A vestige of the 1950's pre-feminist United States. Who the hell cares? I say if a cable network with the word 'news' in it's name, utters one word about junk like this, or Dancing With the Stars, or American Idol, then they aren't really news channels, they are gossip rags like the Globe or the National Enquirer. Instead of wasting our time on stuff like this, they should be reporting on important news that matters. Things of national and world importance, like who will be quarterbacking for the Chicago Bears this year, or should the Florida Marlins baseball team have made Hanley Ramirez cut his dreadlocks off (I think he should be able to choose his own hair style).

4 comments:

  1. I LIKE Dancing With the Stars. It doesn't, however, need to be on the news. Nor does whoever got kicked off the Survivor island this week or who got booted from American Fricking Idol.

    I agree with you ... so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, I think those are fake wax teeth he got at the penny candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50 years from now when all the United States have accepted, adopted, and taxed the heck out of the gay marriage "privilege", people will look back at our society and wonder, "What the hell did the government have to do with marriage anyway?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ERGH Perez !!!!

    Nightmares are made of him !

    ReplyDelete