Monday, February 21, 2011

Neglected Chores

You know that feeling of accomplishment you get after finishing a project around the house? You're sitting there gazing at that lovely thing that you created, be it a freshly painted room, or a newly hung lighting fixture, and there is a swelling of pride in the fact that you did it. That's what I was going through the other day as I sat in my big fluffy recliner, looking out my beautiful new living room windows. From the other side Britney Spears, my little outside kitty was staring back at me, enjoying the clear view into the home she hopes to someday work her way into. It was when I looked past Britney and saw the lovely green tint of the pool that I remembered I'd been neglecting the rest of the house all week. I needed to get to cleaning that pool.

After scrubbing the sides of the pool clean of algae, and emptying the leaves from the vacuum canister, I walked around to where the skimmer basket was. Popping the lid off, I could see it was jammed full of more leaves courtesy of my neighbor's tree, so I reached down, and grabbed for the little handle. What I got was a fist full of dead rat. A large, soft, bloated, dead rat. I let out a little scream, and dropped the thing back in. Not a big, loud, girly scream like Mark would do, but more of a little girly scream. An eek, with just a hint of horror.

It's times like that where I wish I had my video camera running, and Mark was the one with his hand down that hole. Mark screaming, running, and flailing about with a dead rat in his hand would be so entertaining. Maybe next time I'll save the rat, and be ready with the video camera. The only challenge would be how to get Mark to clean out the skimmer.
"Hey Mark! Just stick your hand down that dark murky hole for a second. Oh, and smile."

3 comments:

  1. I have just one comment for this post: Reenactment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Alicia should do the reenactment with Alexis watching while holding her drink and laughing histerically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if you put a credit card and a sales catalog down there he would do it. Otherwise, forget it.

    ReplyDelete