Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chain, Chain, Chain...

On my front gate is a chain attached to a latch. The idea is that you reach in between the dowels, pull the chain which unlatches the gate, and walk in. The mail man gets it, I always find my packages sent by the USPS on the porch. The little kids in the neighborhood have figured it out, and regularly come inside my gate to fetch their goddamned balls, arrows, and Frisbees. Even those idiotic Jehovah's Witnesses have figured the damn thing out. So for crissakes why can't the stupid UPS driver figure out how to open the gate. He is a professional, and you'd think he would have come across every type of gate, and door there is. But no, instead when I go out to the front of the house I find that little yellow note stuck to the gate. He didn't even try, I was home all day.

6 comments:

  1. My UPS driver will even carry a heavy box up the stairs for me and he says hi to me (by name) when he sees me walking down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What expensive item did Mark buy that is being delivered by UPS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a sign that reads, "pull chain here to unlock gate." So may I ask why you have a lock on the gate at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it doesn't blow open in the wind, allowing the dogs to run out of the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least he didn't throw it over the gate to crash land on your porch!

    ReplyDelete