Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Subway Walls

Mark; "I'm not sure if we should get the glass mosaic tiles or the subway tiles for the backsplash."
Me; "I don't know about 'we', but 'I' am getting the subway tiles."
Mark; "Waaaaa...., I want the glass mosaic.... waaaaaa"
Me; "I don't care. I'm the guy doing the tiling, and besides it's a rental unit."
"Waaaaaaaa....."
"Mark! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU WANT!"

That's us in the tile aisle of the Home Depot. It's not a pretty sight when Mark and I go shopping together. I often end up screaming at him, usually with profane punctuation.

I swore after tiling Mark's bathroom floor, that I would not be tiling another thing for the rest of my life. It appears that my word is as good as dust, because here I am tiling again. And the worst part about it is that I don't even get to enjoy the end result because this is for our next tenant. I do have to say it is turning out even nicer than I thought it would, and tiling a wall is much easier than doing a floor. In fact you can even sip a cocktail or a beer while doing a wall.

3 comments:

  1. Subway tile is very chic up here, but I don't know why. Every time I go down into the subway it smells like piss (and that's not cat piss like in the rental unit).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what the tiles are for, to make it easier to rinse off the pee.

    ReplyDelete