Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Paint in the Ass

Carefully I taped off the tile so as not to get any paint on it. For the areas around the ceiling, and window I slowly drew the paint brush along, creating a crisp line. This is called 'cutting in' in painters jargon. The problem was that the paint wasn't going on as nicely as it had in the kitchen. It was the same paint from the same can, or so I thought. In fact it was when I thought to myself that this paint should be going on the wall just as easily as it did in the kitchen that I realized it wasn't the same can. This was the paint I had bought for the baseboard and crown molding, an enamel. It wasn't for the walls at all.

See the theme of my posts this week? My mind is going, I'm getting old. I went and spent an hour screwing around in that bathroom, and then had to turn around and repaint every damn thing I had just painted. Today I am going to blame it on Mark. I say my mind wasn't as sharp because of all the wine, and vodka I drank at his Oscar party Sunday evening. Also, I was the guy who spent two hours cleaning up the kitchen after the party while Mark laid in bed watching Jimmy Kimmel. I was tired, and hung over, and the labels on the paint cans kind of looked the same. Yeah, that's it, it's all Mark's fault.

9 comments:

  1. I painted every surface of my camper using enamel paint. No matter how dirty it gets,I can just wipe it clean. That might not be such a bad idea for an apartment you are renting, especially the way many tenants treat their rentals. When they move, you could just wipe it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's time to start hiring the younger generation to do the work for you, Alan.
    I realized this after drilling a hole clean through to our bathroom ceiling thinking I was running a cable through a closet in the next room over.
    Your partner will appreciate it when you give into the professionals...mine did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a semi-gloss paint for the walls. It's much easier to repaint after a tenant than scrub the walls. It looks fresher also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hostess, the hole in the bathroom ceiling could be a plus. Television while seated on the throne. There are many television shows that could work as a laxative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am certain that it IS all Mark's fault. You are clearly stressed to your limits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a one bedroom Alan and should be priced accordingly. Just sayin.... Maybe a better rent will get it rented sooner. You can always raise the rent down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two bedroom. Both have a door on them, and a closet. That makes both rooms bedrooms. One just has a lot of windows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most "Florida Rooms" have entrances with doors too. That front apartment is the mirror image of your back one bedroom apartment which you live in without the wall and closet and door to the Florida room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not quite. The 'Florida' room in that apartment was bumped out to include some of what was the living room.

    ReplyDelete