Monday, February 27, 2012

Old

Ever since February twelfth I have been a slaving away redecorating the empty apartment in our building. I'd like to get it rented out for March, but I don't see that happening. Craig's List isn't bringing in the calls like it used to. One thing I have to keep me going while doing all the crap needed, is the radio. All day long I work on the apartment while listening to 102.7, the oldies station. Now right there I should realize that it's called the oldies station, and no kid is going to be listening to it, but it freaks me out every time they have a contest.
"Be caller twenty five, and win two tickets to see Styx in concert!" The deejay screams.
What freaks me out so much is when they put the twenty fifth caller on the air it always sounds like some old fart or like my grandmother is the winner.
"Oh thank you very much sonny. I just love the Styx."
In my mind I still think of people who like rock concerts as young. Who the hell are all these old people who are listening to a rock station?

Growing old is freaky. I don't like it. Paul McCartney, and all the other rockers faces look like a relief map of the Badlands, and almost daily one of the people I grew up listening to croaks. I could listen to 'Y100', the younger peoples station. I did that the other day in the car, and heard some guy singing "I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."
So I guess that unless I want to listen to crap like that, I'll just keep listening to the old codgers radio station and hope I don't break a hip trying to move like Mick Jagger.

4 comments:

  1. Could be worse. My girlfriend still tries to get me to go to the Indigo Girls when they're playing some high school gym in town. You must evolve, Alan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficult. I bought tickets to see Bruce Springsteen this summer and I'm wondering what that will be like. I haven't been to a concert in more than 20 years.

    Perhaps it's time to switch to jazz or classical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got to move like Jagger. I got the moves like Jagger. ow ow ow ow ow like Jagger....

    ReplyDelete