Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Early Bird

"Are you ready to go?"
I looked up at the clock and over at the television, Judge Judy was still on.
"Now? It's not even five o'clock yet."
"I'm starving, let's go now."
Mark had asked me earlier if I wanted to go to Tequila Sunrise, one of his favorite cheap restaurants, and I agreed knowing that they had the gigantic margarita special on Tuesday. So I grabbed my sun glasses, since the sun was still high in the sky, and warned Mark to drive carefully.
"It's rush hour you know."
At that very moment Mark screamed out the window at a slow moving Toyota, "Get the hell off the phone and drive!"
I guess he figured out it was rush hour.
It is a running joke here in Florida, that the old people live off the early bird specials at restaurants. Now here we were doing that very thing. It's just another scary indicator of how old we are getting. The only difference between me, Mark, and those eighty year old folks, is that as we were entering the restaurant, they were leaving.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man... you've got to be in Florida to understand this. Whenever I visit my mom in Florida, we got out for dinner with my aunties... at 4:00 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Kim honey, you need time to let your food digest before getting all excited watching Wheel of Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor actually told me your last meal of the day should be before 2 pm and 5 pm at the very latest. Helps you get a good nights sleep ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially when you go to bed at 7:30pm....like Pearl!

    ReplyDelete