Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Did I Say That?

"What is that?"
"That's hair dye, black hair dye."
"You're going to dye your hair."
"No, that's for you."

That is me asking Mark about something he brought home with him on his latest shopping trip.

I like Halloween well enough. What I don't like is dressing up like a fool in a costume. Some people really enjoy it, and I enjoy them enjoying it. Every year I go out and take video and photos of all the clever costumes. I just don't want to be one of them. In the past I have dressed up as a robot, very uncomfortable, as a sort of pumpkin headed guy, very smelly and uncomfortable, and once as a South Park character. Again, very uncomfortable.

"I don't understand. Why did you get me hair dye?"
"Remember, last month you said we should dress up as Obama and Romney? So I got the stuff we'll need to transform you into Romney."
"Uh, I'm not going to dress up like Mitt Romney."
"All you have to do is dye your hair like his, and wear a suit. It'll be easy."
"No, I'm not going to do that. I don't think I said I would do that."
"But you said last month, you said you would do it."

Then it hit me. I'm already halfway there. I changed my mind about something I said I would do, and I lied about ever saying I would.
"Where's my suit coat? I think I'm ready."

3 comments:

  1. If you go as Mitt Romney, you won't be able to drink alcohol or even coffee. On the other hand, you'll be able to have as many partners as you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's uncanny how you almost look just like Mitt Romney In that picture you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Garrett, isn't it.

    http://www.morphthing.com/image/58482042-Mitt-Romney?key=635c42bd389d31d46148bb904093160e

    ReplyDelete