Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Woof

Ivan Pavlov showed that a dog will salivate when a bell is rung if the dog has been conditioned that food will be served at that time. Even after cutting out the serving of food, Pavlov showed that the dog will still salivate when the bell is rung. He called it conditional reflex.

For the tenth time today our phone has rung. Well not really rung, because new fangled phones play a series of tones instead of ringing a bell. Anyway, for the tenth time today I have picked up the phone, pushed the TALK button, and said hello.
"What kind of Democrat would vote for... "
Goddamn it! The bastards got me again. The robo-calls, the never ending, mother-scratching robo-calls. Even though it says right on the caller ID that it is not somebody I know or would want to talk to, I answer the goddamned thing. I pick up the phone and hit that button before my brain activates the 'do not answer' circuit. It wouldn't be so bad except that I truly thought that I had found a way to stop those crazy campaign calls. My neighbor Dave told me that if you vote by absentee ballot, when you return that ballot to the Supervisor of Elections, the calls stop. So ten days ago I sent in my ballot. I think Dave was drunk.

2 comments:

  1. Remember this while voting: Millages = Taxes
    We place taxes upon ourselves because we voted for millages. Why would anyone vote to tax oneself? Crazy... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think Dave was drunk, too. Thank God I don't have to put up with those calls over here in blighty. Election season is just horrible.

    ReplyDelete