Thursday, August 25, 2016

It's Few Tile



I hate shopping. I hate going into stores, wandering around in those stores, and dealing with the people in those stores. They always put what I want to buy at the very opposite end of the store from the entrance, and when I find what I need it will be sold out. As much as I hate shopping, shopping with Mark is like living through the Inquisition. It is a hundred times worse than if I went by myself. He takes forever to make up his mind. Yesterday we bought tile for the kitchen. Mark has been looking at tile now for three months and still hadn't made up his mind on what he wanted.
"Okay, this tile is the perfect color but cost too much. Now that tile at the store on Irving Park Road was cheaper, and the color was right, but it was just a bit too big. Lowes had a nice tile, but no longer carry it. Ahhh... if only I had known I would need some. So Alan, let's go back to that other tile store in Morton Grove so I can compare...   "
"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............." I responded. "I need a drink."
"Don't be silly. It's too early for that. Now if I get this tile what color grout should I get?"
Mark then proceeded to vacillate between five different colors on the grout color chart.
"We should get some samples and take them home...  "
"Why? Why the fuck do you need to take samples home? It grout for krissakes, grout! It will look the same here or at home."
Grout
So yesterday, when we went shopping for tile, I explained to Mark that we are going shopping with the contractor. The contractor does not want to stand there while you compare colors, prices, and sizes. To the contractor time is money. Our money. So to my surprise, we went to the tile store and Mark quickly settled on the tile that will go into our kitchen. I need to bring that contractor shopping with us more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment