Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Today's Tom Sawyer


I had to get the other side of the fence painted before my neighbor's weed infested yard made it impossible.


I don't think I'll go to the gym this week. I have an at home exercise routine that is actually better than what I do at the gym. It's called painting the fence with Thomson's Water Seal. Last year I did the interior of the fence, the part I could see. In the end, I was pooped. So for the last twelve months I've been feeling a little bit guilty for not completing the job. Over the winter I planned what I would do to finish the chore. I figured that I would use the clear water seal because it would work in the sprayer that I bought. I was wrong. The goddamned sprayer clogged two seconds into the job. It laid down a very nice spray for about six inches before it clogged. I cleaned it out and poked the scum out of the nozzle with a toothpick. It still sprayed like an old man with severe prostate problems, so I had to go with a paint brush. Much more labor intensive than just spraying. As of yesterday I had done four fence panels before my arm and hand started twitching. My back was killing me too, because you have to paint down low as well as up high. Today I have other responsibilities, and Wednesday is 'Mom' day. But on Thursday and Friday I will be working out again, lifting that heavy paint brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment