Thursday, November 13, 2008

Little Florida

I'm not sure what it is about South Florida, but it seems that all the whacko's, sicko's, and idiots end up here. Whenever I hear about some strange crime being committed by some oddball creep, I would bet money that it happened in Florida.Another problem South Florida has is that businesses can't seem to find literate, polite, intelligent employees. This past Saturday, Mark and I tried to replace a cell phone that we had purchased just two weeks ago because the screen had gone dead. The girl at the Sprint store, tappity tapped, on her computer, then looked up at us and said "I'm sorry but I can't replace that phone". She then told us that she couldn't replace the phone because it was broken, that she could only honor their thirty day warranty if the phone was in brand new working order. If she had known Mark was coming, she would never have gone to work that day, because for the next hour and a half Mark screeched, screamed, and berated her and everyone at Sprint who would talk to him. Despite Marks rant, we never did get the phone replaced at that store, instead I called Sprint later, from home, and they overnighted a new phone to us. I am pretty sure the guy I talked to on the phone wasn’t from Florida, he had a brain. He was probably in India.

7 comments:

  1. Was his name Rasheed Babbu by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look into US Cellular....(not just because they re-named Comisky Park)....but we have had excellent service with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should grow a pompador again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol @ your anti Florida-isms, I will be sure not to ever have any dealings there in future! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. - ps, whats a pomador?

    ReplyDelete
  6. chkn@ If you look at my childhood photo, a pompadour is when you comb your hair at the front of your head, back towards the back like a breaking wave on the beach. I think it came from France and was named for Madame Pompadour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeezus Christ! I can't believe how stupid some people can be. I'm glad it worked out. It doesn't make sense that no one at the entire store could get it resolved for you.

    ReplyDelete