Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bear Shit

I know that a lot of people who read this don't care about football, but damn it, I spend over three hundred dollars a year to get the NFL package just so I can watch the Chicago Bears, and I truly hate it that I'm not getting what I paid for. So far this year I have only had to watch the Bears on the NFL package twice. Four other times they have been on regular television. For me to feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of the NFL Ticket, I end up watching other teams who I don't really care about. This last Sunday I watched the Vikings, Steelers game, just so I could see Brett Farve lose (Yes I know he spells it Favre, but if he wants me to call him Farve, he needs to spell it that way). It's kind of like going to an all you can eat buffet. I always think that I have to eat a ton of food until I feel the restaurant has lost money on me. So like an all you can eat football buffet, I sit and watch as many football games as is humanly possible on Sunday before Mark starts bitching about it.

This past Sunday the Bears were on the NFL Ticket only, and I got myself all geared up for an exciting game. Unfortunately the Bears lost the game in the first quarter, giving up three touchdowns within minutes. I no sooner got settled with my beer and snacks, and it was twenty one to nothing. Once again, this is not what I thought I'd be seeing when I pay that huge DirecTV bill every month. I think Jay Cutler and Lovie Smith owe me some money.

Oh, and one more thing. I know that sports announcers aren't the sharpest tacks in the box, but at least they should be able to pronounce English words properly. Cincinnati does not have a football team called the Bangles, and Jacksonville does not have a team called the Jagwires.

6 comments:

  1. OMFG, those mispronunciations drive me fucking insane!!

    Kinda O/T, but did you see Mark Sanchez eating a hot dog on the sidelines? My favorite headline was "Jets QB has a wiener". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baseball, Alan. Root for the dark empire to fall and the Fightin' Phils to win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syd, No, I didn't see Mark Sanchez eating a wiener, or a taco.

    Hostess, I always root against the Yankees, even though I used to have a boy friend who was a rabid Yankees fan, and Mark was born in the Bronx and lived there until he was nine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've rarely eat speghetti on Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous
    is weird...

    ReplyDelete