Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Is That Al Bundy?



My favorite new comedy show on television is Modern Family. It has the guy from Married With Children, and a bunch of other people who I don't know. Often when I watch TV I don't know the actors, and many times I don't even know the characters names. It’s kind of the way my real life is.

Modern Family follows the three branches of a family, and includes a gay son, his husband, and their gayby. Once again because of this show, Mark has been reminded that he would like a baby. Thankfully the State of Florida has saved my ass by making it impossible for us to adopt. I know it’s not fair to the rest of the gay folks out there who would make great parents, but I’m just a bit selfish on this subject. Besides, seeing as how Mark does not walk the dog, clean up his poop or puke, doesn’t feed him, or the cats, nor does he clean out the kitty litter box, and vomits at the sight of a cat-hair ball on the floor, I know with certainty that a baby would mean I would do all the dirty work. If Mark can’t hold his stomach down when he gets a whiff of dog crap, I think his head would pop off if he had to deal with baby shit. Having grown up in a house where I lived through eight babies, I know that what’s in a baby's diaper can peel the paint off the wall, and burn right through the mucus membranes of your nose.

If Mark wants a baby so badly he should see my sister in-law. She has a doll store, and I’m sure that even though it’s in Florida, Mark would be allowed to adopt one. I would have only one rule if he did adopt a baby doll, and that is that he’d have to keep it out in the shed. Right where I’d make him keep the real baby if he could actually get one.

15 comments:

  1. Oh I think you guys should take a road trip to Orlando and visit the doll shop! I'd love the video of Mark adopting his very own baby(doll)!! Have you seen the videos of people with their "real-life dolls"? Better than a monkey baby....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the tentative baby idea. Get some practice in first from the doll shop to see how it goes.

    You can practice changing diapers, feeding it, playing with it. Don't forget to hire a babysitter (maybe Russ) if you both want to go out on the town or shopping. Better yet take the doll with you everywhere you go. That would be a reality show in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no 'tentative' baby idea. It is in Mark's mind only, and will get no farther than that. Please, a dog and two cats are more than enough for me. I remember my dad dealing with kids. I would be worse. As for the doll idea, like I said, it would be in the shed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad was a dad the way they used to be....occasionally seen and heard on the weekends! During the week out earning money to support the brood, chasing down those in need of discipline, and loudly proclaiming "What? Am I the a**hole?!!" I can see where Alan would follow in his large footsteps if he became a parent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give make a baby doll for Christmas and tell him to practice first.....if he can handle it without it ending up as a chew toy for Chandler....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on, Alan. Babies are great! They eat, sleep, poop, keep you awake ... then they grow up and it gets harder. But if Mark won't even empty the kitty litter, that might be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Mark should go and adopt a baby at Judy's Dolls! Make sure someone video tapes it and thenn use it for your video Thursday. Now that would be entertainment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better yet...let's all pitch in and purchase Mark and Alan one of Judy's dolls for their birthdays without telling them. We could just leave it on their doorstep and videotape Mark discovering it. Hah! I'll bet Marks first words will be, "WTF!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. or....."oh no you just didn't leave a baby doll on my front porch!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Start the website, www.buymarkababy.com !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about this doll for Mark....

    http://www.tias.com/1401/PictPage/1920646158.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one is cute...

    http://www.gideonseniors1959.com/little_rascals_files/image008.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.gideonseniors1959.com/little_rascals_files
    /image008.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  14. and then there is the Lucille Ball doll complete with feathers and a Tiara....

    http://www.postalbay.com/shop
    /images/barbie_lucyNo10_02.jpg

    ReplyDelete