Monday, October 19, 2009

Roofies

Okay, here's my opinion of the dad in Colorado who claimed his six year old son had stowed away on his Jiffy Pop balloon. He's an asshole, and his wife is an idiot. I don't know how she can even live with that crazy, egotistical, bastard. As for the kids, it must be like living in bizzarro Disneyland for them. They are having a good time now, but I'll bet they are all charter members of the Future Assholes of America club. It will be interesting to see where they all are in ten years.

I wouldn't have brought those people up, except I was sitting here in my office yesterday and I heard kids screaming and laughing from the house next door. When I looked out the window, I could see three little kids running back and forth on the roof of my neighbors house, the neighbors who I refer to as the 'Clampetts'. These kids are about eight years old, and I'm pretty sure their dad and mom were home. Of course we all know that just because mom and dad are home, it doesn't mean they are awake and sober. I was truly torn about going over there and knocking on the door to tell the parents what was going on, but I figured with all the commotion and stomping across the roof, they must have been aware. I also remembered that when I was a kid, my brothers, sisters, and I would climb up on top of our garage and play. If it was good enough for me as a kid, then what right do I have to ruin those kids good time. Besides, it is only a twelve foot drop, and except for the side with the concrete driveway, most of the perimeter has nice soft grass to break the fall.

16 comments:

  1. Didn't it make you want a sling shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan, between climbing on the roof of the garage and climbing the apple trees, it is a miracle that there weren't more broken bones among all of us! I think we used to do that when mom was home, too! But that was what kids did before all the fun stuff they have now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syd, they actually got down when they saw me taking their photo. I hope they didn't tell their mom that the pervert next door was taking pictures of them.

    Sue, you mean fun stuff like sitting in front of the TV playing video games for hours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of you on the roof Alan! I agree 100% with you about those parents too. Those kids don't stand a chance being raised by those 2 jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have asked those children what they were doing up there and if they wanted me to call the fire department to help them get down.

    Sometimes kids just want a new perspective in life. They get tired of looking up at everyone. This is there chance to gain the upper level of perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its interesting that Child Welfare Services didn't check up on that family after they appeared on Wife-Swap. Anyone could see he was certifiable on that show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you should put them to work raking, sweeping, pulling weeds, etc. I'm sure they would jump at the chance. (No pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last thing I want is those kids in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whats all this balloon talk?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps- I also love the pic of you sat on the roof !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chkn, do you mean it hasn't hit the Wales newspapers? See it here http://www.upi.com/Daily-Briefing/2009/10/16/Balloon-boy/UPI-36631255696816/

    Just Google Balloon boy or Falcon Heene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My god it even has its own Wikipedia page :O Thats insane, and I missed it haha

    Good timing what with the Disney Pixar release of "Up" maybe they saw that film to get the idea :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to see Alan reproducing the picture of himself sitting on a roof.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The reason he was sitting up there for a very long time was that it was scarier to try and get down. And maybe his older brother moved the ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peggy, if you click on the photo of me on the garage, it takes you to the story of how I got up there. It also features another photo of your little girl.

    ReplyDelete