Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Warning: Spoiler Alert!

Mark has been whining today, and the funny thing about it is that he's been whining about wine. You see he and I have different views about what the wine in the wine rack is for. Mark sees the bottles of wine as his for use in cooking spectacular meals, and I see the bottles of wine as something for me to drink, so I drink them. Earlier Mark was storming around the kitchen bitching and moaning about my drinking his wine. Funny, but I never stomp around the house complaining about Mark using my electricity, or watching my satellite television, I just pay the bill and shut up. It's shit like this that makes me need all that wine.

This evening I was watching a movie I had recorded a couple of months ago. It was called 'Vanishing Point' and was actually a very crappy movie, filled with nothing but stereotypes of Blacks, gays, rednecks, cops, and women. Apparently, Mark was still harboring some resentment from earlier in the evening over the wine thing, so he came into the living room, sat down, and said "I saw this movie three times when I was in high school. Do you want to know how it ends?" Before I could say no, he proceeded to tell me that the 'hero' just vanishes into the horizon as the credits roll. I was furious that he had ruined the ending for me, and what happened next might have been the wrong thing for me to do, but I had to get even. Mark has been going on and on all week about seeing an upcoming movie called 'Trick R Treat', so I went to the internet, and looked up the spoiler ending to that movie. I then went back to Mark and told him the ending to his movie of the week. Boy was he pissed. Especially since he was just kidding about the end of 'Vanishing Point'. Turns out the hero doesn't just vanish, and now I'm the asshole. I guess I'll just grab a bottle of wine and hide out until this all blows over.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Alan. LOL

    I'm pretty sure that we are long lost siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't know the end of Vanishing Point. Its the only good part of the movie.
    HEY..and stop drinking the cooking wine. Its making you a mean drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not cooking wine. It's drinking wine that Mark cooks with. We just bought four bottles at the supermarket today. That should last a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks Alan. You are hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not keep the drinking wine separate from the cooking wine. Keep one in the living/dining room and the other in the kitchen cabinet. Simple as pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because they are one in the same.

    By the way, don't ever, ever, use that crap they sell at the grocery store that's labeled 'cooking wine'. Only use a wine that you would actually drink for cooking. That other stuff is nasty, especially if you get thirsty.

    ReplyDelete