Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stupidity

I don't consider myself to be a stupid person, yet I do some stupid things. Like last Friday evening. As usual I went up to my favorite bar planning to have my three cocktails, and come home. About halfway through my second vodka/soda, the bartender put shots in front of the four of us. What the hell was in those shots, I have no idea, but they tasted of pineapple, and coconut, and went down easy. The stupid part is that I know when I deviate from my three cocktail regimen, I get sick the next day. Five thirty, Saturday morning, I'm hunched over the kitchen sink spewing out chewed peanuts, popcorn, and a mixture of vodka, pineapple, and coconut that I ingested the evening before

I understand when I'm stupid, I admit it. What I don't like is other people assuming that I'm stupid, such as the folks who send out mail addressed to me, like this.
I get things like this all the time. They are dressed up to look like some kind of quasi-official government communication. This one says that it is for the "United States Mail Recipient". I feel so important, I'm one of the few who qualify to receive this, along with three hundred and seven million other people. It makes me wonder, do some people actually fall for this stuff? I just put it through the shredder without even opening it, but somebody must open these things and respond. The guys who send this stuff out must be making money from it, no matter how obvious it is that it's junk. By the way, this one was from a auto dealership.

4 comments:

  1. You should mail the inner lining of your stomach an apology. It will probably think its junk mail, but you should send it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to take the prepaid envelopes some send you and stuff it full of other junk mail and send it back to them. Let them handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Receiver of LOTS of Junk MailSeptember 7, 2011 at 4:04 PM

    I sent junk mail back to someone that kept sending it and do you know what they did - they sent it back to me with postage due! Of course I didn't pay the postage, just refused the mail. Don't know how they knew where it came from since I didn't have my name or address anywhere. Very strange. . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same people that voted tea party in the last election. Those are the people that open them up and believe them.
    Thanks for the hangover story.Oh the memories.I feel your pain.Don't need to ever go through it again. I know that John Barleycorn is still out there kicking ass.

    ReplyDelete