Monday, March 19, 2012

Good Morning

Sometimes your day just starts out so weird you feel you possibly should have stayed in bed. Friday started out raining, so I fed the cats, and told the dogs they'd have to wait for their walks. You see the rain was coming down in torrents, and when I checked the radar it showed that there would be a break in about fifteen minutes.
"Fifteen minutes Chandler, and then it's your turn."

Chandler knows a lot of words, and wait is one of them. However waiting is not one of the things he does well. So while I was out back feeding the cats Chandler was at the front gate ready to go. In fact he was whining, and pawing at the gate. When I opened it, the reason was obvious. A half drowned rat was lying on it's back wiggling, and waving it's legs in a death throe just outside the gate. I immediately went back into the house to retrieve one of Mark's kitchen tongs, and a plastic bag. With the kitchen tongs I picked the poor thing up by the tail and deposited it into the bag, which I then deposited into the garbage.

The scent of a dying rat must have got Chandler's instincts up into high gear because within two minutes of starting our walk he lunged into the bushes. He was so proud of  himself when he came out of the bushes with a lizard dangling from his mouth.
"Drop it!" I yelled.
"Grrrrr.... "
"C'mon Chandler, give daddy the lizard."
"Grrrrr.... "
He wasn't giving it up, and continued strutting down the street with the lizard squirming and fighting to get free. It was not to be. With a quick shake of his head, Chandler dispatched the lizard. In the process of dying the lizard released his bladder. He pissed in Chandlers mouth, I could see it running out and down his jowls. This caused poor Chandler to vomit the contents of his stomach all over the street.

One good thing about the cloud burst that happened while Chandler was retching. It quickly washed the vomit from the pavement, and when I walked Sasha an hour later it was all gone.

9 comments:

  1. You lead one helluva gross life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want you to know that I shared the "lizard pee in the dogs mouth story" today with Ricks physical therapist. We were discussing disgusting dog habits and I won!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for Peggy! Were number one, were number one... (In the mouth)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please remove my dead rat sketch from your blog, you did not ask for permission to use it. If you do not remove it, I will report the copyright violation to Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Mr. Jolly. I should have at least credited it to you. However it's not like I was profiting off of your sketch. I get maybe twenty hits a day. At least those twenty hits were exposed to your art. Think of it as free publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, free publicity!

    I'm not going to argue with you why what you did was wrong, you've convinced yourself you were doing me a favor by stealing my work, without credit or without asking permission, so I just went ahead and reported the violation to blogger. They seem to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry once again Mr. Jolly. That is an apology, and was an apology in my previous comment. There was no argument about your sketch, I removed it immediately, in less than an hour as you requested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I greatly appreciate your timely attention to this matter.

    I don't have a problem with people using my work in some circumstances, as long as they ask permission first, and include credit/link.



    ReplyDelete