Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hacker

Over the last few weeks folks have been dropping around me like flies in an insecticide factory. Not dropping dead, but succumbing to the 'bug', the dreaded winter cold. All day long you could hear the coughing, hacking, and choking of the infected, but I continued to go my merry way, totally free of this plague. Every where I went somebody would be missing, and when you asked what happened to them the answer would always be, "Sick, out sick."
Well that all ended this past weekend. It started with a little tickle at the back of my throat, and slowly built up to a racking cough. Uncontrollable coughing jags that would ultimately end up in a gigantic phlegm ball popping up from deep in my lungs. It seems to be subsiding as of Monday, and the green balls of sputum are growing increasingly smaller. I'm just glad it never moved up into my sinuses, and I didn't have to suffer the watery eyes, sneezing, and rivers of snot that come with a head cold. I am so lucky.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for share in such a descriptive way. I can only imagine now what it must have been like as I have avoided this nasty bug.
    I attest this to my healthy lifestyle of vegetarianism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to get you. All those snotty little kids you work around, it'll get you eventually.
    I was vegetarian for ten years, and I found that I got sick much more often then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you got sick... eating nothing but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and macaroni and cheese.

    Today's vegetarians have a much wider choice of foods and are much more tuned in to the health benefits and lifestyle from those initial trial and error period of the 1970s when you practiced it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, I was getting ready to have dinner until I read this posting. Kinda lost my appetite. Maybe we could adopt this type of blog as a new diet.

    Garrett,vegetarianism is the only way to go. I have never felt better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I see everyone around me starting to fall ill, I start popping Hall's Defense-zinc and echinachea lozenges. I swear they help keep me free of the bug or at least reduce the number of days that I am suffering!

    ReplyDelete