Friday, March 23, 2012

Photo Friday

Sorry, no photo today. One of my brothers was telling me a story this week about how he got in trouble at home when he was a kid. Actually he was a teenager, and he did something that pissed my dad off so much that my dad was going to belt him. Being wise about such things after so many years in that house, my brother took off out the back door with my dad in pursuit. What amazed me is that my dad chased him on foot for almost a mile and a half. A 40+ year old man almost caught up with a teenage boy. Which is why I always kept my car keys with me when I was a teenager. Here is a sketch I made of one of those chase scenes. It's me running out of the house with my dad in pursuit brandishing his belt, and his mother screaming out the door at him.
 I miss that guy.

6 comments:

  1. One of the family membersMarch 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM

    hahahahahahahaha! Oh the memories of Big Al chasing one or two of his sons! These drawings are HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't try to put a price on that artwork either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of feel that I'm back at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair was longer than that.... remember? He used to chase you guys down to drag you to the barbers also.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the belly you put on Dad! Those chases always made me cry, cause I thought someone was going to get killed! You by beating, Dad by heart attack!

    ReplyDelete