Monday, November 25, 2013

Sunday With Shy-Ann

Me and Shy-Ann
Sunday morning I got up early, walked my dogs, then I took a shower and headed over to Abandoned Pet Rescue. It was the Cause 4 Paws pet walk and parade in Victoria Park, and I was taking one of the APR dogs over there for a morning of fun. Cause 4 Paws is an event put on by the Victoria Park neighborhood association to benefit Abandoned Pet Rescue, so it is the one thing everybody who volunteers turns out for.  Again this year it was a beautiful sunny and warm day. Perhaps it was a bit too warm, because by the end of the pet walk through the neighborhood, and the pet parade through the park, I was shvitzn. I was tired, sweat was soaking my under titties and under arms, and I wanted to go home. So I called Mark and told him to come get me and Shy-Ann, the dog I had brought with me. Luckily, I dropped off the dog and got home just in time to watch the Chicago Bears football game, which was my plan all along. I know I shouldn't whine about how darn hot it is here on a late November Sunday, especially when all my northern friends are whining about how darn cold it is where they are. But it makes me happy, so I do.

7 comments:

  1. Use a little Gold Bond powder under those "hot spots"......and we are warming up into the 30's today. WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using "shvitzn" in a sentence at the Thanksgiving dinner table this year.
    It's colder that a witch's tit in a brass brassier here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those two weeks during the summer when I had to use powder so that my bra wouldn't chap me. Other than that, -- it's either raining or there's a cool breeze blowing in England. And right now it's freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very familiar with baby powder. I go through a couple of large containers per summer. I was also wondering, if I ground up kitty litter very fine, would that work better? It's very absorbent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOT baby powder, you'll smell creepy!! Gold Bond Powder in the orangey-gold can, so you can smell like an old man!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once bought that Gold Bond Powder after seeing an ad for it on Fox News. I figured Fox News knows what's best for old white guys, so I got some and put it on. It burned. It was like I rubbed hot ashes on my... stuff. I had no idea there was regular Gold Bond, and 'medicated' Gold Bond. Medicated with hot peppers I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The medicated Gold Bond in the crotch helps me stay awake on my way to work in the morning.

    ReplyDelete