Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mee-owww

It was pitch black, I was laying in bed and this is what I heard.

Mark: "Get the hell off me kitty!"
Carlotta: "Meep?"
Chandler: "Snort!"
Carlotta: "Hssssss...."
Mark: "Goddamnit, that little bitch scratched me! I hate that cat!"

This was followed by the lights coming on, revealing the dog at the end of the bed, the cat skittering out the door, and Mark with a bloody little scratch on his arm. I have had Carlotta for seventeen years, and she has never hissed at me or scratched me. For some reason skinny little Carlotta, and skinny Mark just don't get along. She loves me, that's why she was curled up in the bed to begin with, but she and Mark barely tolerate each other.

It seems that when I raise a cat from a little kitten, they take on an obsessive personality about me. Before Carlotta, it was Nina. Nina didn't like anybody but me, and everyone who visited our home knew not to try and pet her because all they'd get is a loud hiss, and possibly some cat scratch fever. On the other hand, every full grown cat that I have adopted or rescued, is sweet as pecan pie. Fat Kitty is an all around lover, and the two girls outside will crawl all over you if you sit down out there. So is this a reflection on me? Am I an anti-social loser who projects his personality onto his kittens, who then grow up to be she-devils? I don't think so. I think it is because I am so sweet and lovable that Carlotta and Nina don't want to share me with anybody. And if you don't think I'm sweet and lovable, you can just go screw yourself.

7 comments:

  1. I think you're turning into a crazy cat lady. Your cats have always had a nasty attitude even when I would be feeding them. My cats loved everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, I think that shelter animals remember where they came from. They are always the best babies. The cats and dogs I've raised have all been spoiled little fuckers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Figaro is 17 this year also. Remember, you gave him that name. He curls up and sleeps by my pillow every night. When I sit to watch television he sits on my lap of chest. It is nice to feel loved, especially by animal companions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Flashback: We had a cat named Meep, that was the sound he made as a kitten. He hated me. I don't think it helped that my parents made me be the one to pill him whenever he needed antibiotics. Which was often, that cat was a fighter, not a lover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like Mark is saying:"Turn around, there is your buddy. Don't come looking at me for a head scratchin." hehe

    ReplyDelete