Monday, March 15, 2010

Squirrel ! !

If any one of you have seen the movie Up, one of the funniest scenes in that film is when the guy says "Squirrel!", and the dog goes nuts. That is exactly what Chandler does when we are out walking and I point out the squirrels to him.

Mark is constantly amazed at the fact that Chandler knows words, and is always showing this off to our friends by shouting out "Squirrel!". He does it just to make Chandler run around the house, looking up and under the furniture for the little rodent while Mark laughs and giggles. If Mark is still feeling he needs to point out our dog's knowledge of the English language, he will shout "Lizard!", which basically will elicit the same response, or "Walkies!", which makes Chandler run over to the door and do circles. Despite my objections that this will only dilute the meaning of those words to Chandler, Mark keeps on teasing him this way. I guess it's only fair. This morning while walking through the mall with Mark I yelled "Sale! Fifty percent off!", Just to watch his head snap around.

4 comments:

  1. My dog reacts the same way to the word squirrel. Mark reacting to the word sale! is even funnier!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you pay attention to the dogs vocalizations you will learn their language. In our house "rah rah roo" means bunny rabbit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my pups aren't moving quick enough when I am letting them out all I have to say is "Look at the squirrel!" ... like magic.

    ReplyDelete