Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When Relatives Drop In


There are two good reasons why Mark loves it when my family visits. First of all, I clean the house, and nothing seems to give Mark more of a sense of pleasure (outside of shopping) as seeing me vacuum. Secondly, Mark gets to show off his culinary skills to an audience that he knows will appreciate them. Tonight my niece from Milwaukee is coming to dinner, and Mark has been all atwitter planning and shopping for this since one second after I told him she was coming. Making dinner for guests is to Mark as directing a movie is to Martin Scorsese, and the results are usually just as spectacular. As far as I know, nobody in my family could be considered a good cook, not counting brothers in law who can grill the crap out of a piece of meat. So when one of my relatives comes to visit, Mark's aim is to knock their socks off with one of his 'food-tacular' dinners.

As for me, I am just glad to see family visit. The best part about my family is that they all drop in quickly, and disappear after a reasonable amount of time. What more could you ask for. In fact I usually spend more time cleaning up the house than they actually spend visiting. I still have more cleaning to do, the bathroom is still dirty, so I'll have to end this here. If it was a nephew visiting I could probably blow off cleaning the bathroom, but you know, a niece, a girl. I'll probably have to clean it up as well as I did for Dennis.

8 comments:

  1. Put an out of order sign on the door and have them use the bathroom over at the 7-11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anonymous imposterMarch 24, 2010 at 9:27 AM

    Are you actually using the vacuum in that blog photo or are you just posing with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You see the light on don't you? So the vacuum was actually running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. consider my socks officially knocked off. thanks again for the delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. anonymous imposterMarch 24, 2010 at 8:00 PM

    The vacuum light may be on but it doesn't mean your working...

    Where have I heard this before?

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous imposterMarch 24, 2010 at 8:02 PM

    Ok, so in the last picture tell me that is not posed. Your house cleaner did the work and you posed with the Q-Tip. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Besides Alan, girls don't lift that toilet seat!!!!
    P.S. one of my favorite scarey pictures of my girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous Imposter, I don't have a house cleaner. I do it all. (but yes, the Q-tip photo was posed. Ha, ha.)

    Peggy, the germs can still crawl out from under the seat and infect your butt with cooties.

    ReplyDelete