Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Touch Of Gay

Okay, I have to expose some truths. My whole life I have been confused about exactly how old my mom was. It wasn't until about ten years ago, that I finally nailed it down. To be fair to my mom I will not disclose her true age here, but suffice to say if she were a piano, she'd have all of her keys.

A few months back my mom casually said to me, "Alan, I wish you would let your hair grow a little longer, and maybe put a little 'Just For Men' in there to darken it. You look so old with the short hair and grayness." Well, I figured it out immediately, "You want me to look younger so that you will look younger, right?" My mom let out a little chuckle, and agreed "I can't have such old children, besides I like your hair a little longer." Who is this lady? What did you do with the woman who hated my long hair forty years ago?

So the truth is that yes, I used some of that stuff called 'A Touch of Gray', on the hair that I've been letting grow out a little longer over the past few months. Mom was right, I do look better and have got a few positive comments on my upgraded look. Now if they only had something called 'A touch of Abs' to smear on that jelly belly I've been nurturing.

10 comments:

  1. you sexy beast you...welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of your sistersMarch 23, 2010 at 12:55 PM

    Wow!!! Who knew a Mom could STILL influence an elderly child!! She tries the same thing about my fat... I just don't listen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I think you are handsome either way. But, the dark hair is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for the darker longer hair with grey on the sides. In fact just go for the longer hair look altogether. (Oh and cut out or down on the fatty foods and desserts while your at it.) Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No long gray ponytail for you, please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous one of your sisters said...@ I don't have any fat sisters.
    Peggy said...@ Don't worry, no pony tail, gray or dark brown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do the pony tail, everyone will just think you're from Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fat sister loves you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! No! No longer hair! I don't know if it was my brothers who did it but I hate long hair on men!
    Especially OLDER men...
    It is sweet though that you would color your hair so your 88 year old mother wouldn't feel "old". (will she ever get over her age?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. By longer, I mean a half an inch longer. I agree, these old hippies with the long gray ponytail and the bald spot look asinine.

    ReplyDelete