Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Wedding Drinker

I have ten brothers and sisters, of that I am sure. What I am a little cloudy on is how many nieces and nephews I have. I have tried to add them up in my head on more than one occasion, and each time the number comes out different, so I will give a ball park figure of twenty. Twenty nieces and nephews. Add on to that the fact that they are now reproducing, and you can see why I am often in a fog when it comes to family matters.

This month I am attending the wedding of one of my nieces, and although she lives in Florida, I have to schlep all the way up to Chicago for this one. I guess I should be thankful she didn't have it back in January. This wedding is another in a long line of weddings I have attended over the last forty plus years, and will add another layer to the confusion I have as to who got married when, and where. In my mind they have all blended into one jumbled pile of churches, wedding chapels, and reception halls. I do have some clearer memories of the ones I attended in more recent times. That's mostly because I slowed way down on the marijuana and vodka as I got older. This time I don't plan on drinking hardly at all, and I may even take some photos. That's another strange thing, I have very few photos of any weddings that I have gone to, and I think it's because I was too busy drinking at the time. I'm sure if I ask around, my sisters all have pictures of me at their weddings with bloodshot eyes, and a drink in my hand.

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you have such a large family. Shitty that you have to attend a bunch of weddings. I can't stand to go to weddings. They are only slightly more enjoyable than baby showers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so no one takes it the wrong way, I love all my brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, and their offspring. I am very happy to attend your weddings, it's just that the shear number of them is intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it is because of your numerous family members that you can blog about things other than dog poop and cat vomit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. top photo= Al and Lila's 50th anniversary, March 6th would have been 67 years!! See if you can count how many people in that picture are OUT of the family now!!
    And very good,Alan, the number is 19! With 3 GREAT-nephews and niece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. first thing I did when I looked at that picture was count who wasn't in the picture anymore!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. There should be an updated photo from Trish's wedding! We had great fun and the youngest generation was quite entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry Alan- I know you've enjoyed the many, many weddings you've attended. I've seen it first hand! ;)

    ReplyDelete