Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Movie Night

Tonight is movie night. Every Tuesday Mark runs up to Blockbuster at ten in the morning to make sure he gets the latest release. Usually he gets a pretty good movie, but once in a while I have to sit through some weepy 'chick flick' or inane kids cartoon. Mark will also occasionally bring home gory horror films, and other genre filled with blood and guts. I don't have too much of a problem with those, except that the guy who rented it and brought it home, covers his eyes at the gory scenes, or simply runs out of the room screaming if it gets too bloody or scary.

Up until I was fourteen, I never knew that movies had an actual start and finish. You see my dad had a problem getting his brood to the theater when the movie actually started, and we would almost always walk in halfway through whatever John Wayne movie he had brought us to. There we would sit watching the big climatic battle scene, where John Wayne would save the country from the Confederates/Indians/Japs/Germans without a clue as to what led up to it. We would then sit through the first half of the same movie, figuring out what connection each scene had to that finale we had already watched, knowing who was a dead man, and who would live. Just when things were all falling into place, and we were gearing up to watch that big battle scene again, my dad would pop up out of his seat, and announce, "Well, this is where we came in. Let's go!"  That's why I love my DVD player, and Blockbuster. I get to watch the whole movie right from the start, including all the previews, and I can pause it when I need to take a leak, or refill my cocktail.

So it's off to Blockbuster this morning for Mark. I hope he doesn't  bring home 'Alvin and the Chipmunks; A Squeaquel'. I'd have to pause that one quite a few times to freshen my cocktail, just to make it entertaining.

7 comments:

  1. How to train your dragon is an awesome movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you let us know what you have rented weekly, And rate it.
    A 1-10 system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about if I rate them by one vodka or ten? Ten meaning it was so bad getting drunk was more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What movie are we talking about here?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see "The Invention Of Lying"?? I found it very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope. No mention of the word "Poop" in this blog entry....

    ReplyDelete