Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Here Kitty, Kitty

I know that my memory isn't as good as it used to be. Now it seems that maybe Mark is a little more forgetful than I realized. Yesterday I told Mark that I needed to go to the supermarket to pick up some dry cat food. Mark said fine, put on his shoes, and we both walked out to the PT Cruiser for the trip to Publix. It wasn't until I got out to the car that I remembered, we had done the exact same thing the day before. I stopped at the rear of the car, opened up the hatchback, and there it was, a twenty pound bag of cat food.
"When did you get that?" Mark asked.
"Don't you remember when we stopped at Publix yesterday?"
"Uh, maybe?"
"You don't remember me walking out to the car with a bag of cat food on my shoulder?"
"I guess I do." Mark replied

Okay, so we both forgot going to the store the day before and forgot that I bought cat food. It happens. It wasn't until I brought the bag of cat food into the house, and proceeded to put it away in the cabinet that I realized just how bad my memory is. There in the cabinet were two other bags of cat food I had forgotten buying on previous occasions. Sad isn't it? At least the cats won't starve to death. Of course that is if I remember to feed them, and remember where I put the goddamned cat food.

5 comments:

  1. Look into my eyez...I iz hypno kitty...u will go git me treatz and tuna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put it next to the vodka, then you'll find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... drunken kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you two guys.

    Wow, why don't you donate the other two bags to Abandoned Pet Rescue and keep the new bag? Also, now that I'm here....

    If you have older cats over 7 yrs old read this web page link below on foods to serve cats with chronic renal failure aka..Kidney failure. Moist cat food low in protein is best. I know from experience. Dry cat food is about 30 to 34% protein. Canned is about 10%. protein makes the kidneys work harder.

    http://www.felinecrf.org/which_foods.htm#best_crf_food

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are too funny! And you make me feel better about my little memory lapses.....nothing like yours!! But i do believe that "the hostess" has figured out your problem.... subliminal cat messages!

    ReplyDelete