Monday, October 17, 2011

Puppy Chow

Right now I feel as though I have a thousand cuts on my legs. Saturday morning, Barb from Abandoned Pet Rescue, brought two adorable puppies over to the house for me to baby sit. It was for less than an hour, but in that time Maverick, and Rembrandt managed to not only slice and dice my legs, but they terrorized Sasha, and made mad friends with Chandler. Sasha's problem was that they jumped up on the bed, and Sasha considers the bed to be her territory. She was not happy. Chandler on the other hand, loved playing with the two little midgets. They are a miniature poodle/rat terrier mix, and Chandler outweighs them by about eighty five pounds, but that didn't matter. The two little females ran circles around Chandler. It became love when one of them clawed her way up my leg, and onto the arm of my chair so that she could lick Chandler's ear. He loves to be touched, and it doesn't matter by who or what or where on his body he's touched. Eventually I had to move the party outside because it was getting much too rowdy.

The reason I had the puppies is that we were taking them to the Jet Blue employee health fair at the airport. I like doing these meet and greet events, where we take some of the dogs from the shelter, and try to entice folks to adopt them. Because nothing says adopt me like cute puppies being led around by some old guy in shorts with bloody, scratched up legs.

6 comments:

  1. Chandler looks so happy! Did they get adopted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will find out this week. The way it works is that you have to go back to the shelter and fill out an application. If you fulfill all the requirements, income, home, stability, and pay the modest fee, the dog is yours. Maverick (black puppy) and Rembrandt (black/white puppy) were the stars of the show. We took eight dogs, and four cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because nothing says "chick magnet" like cute puppies being led around by some old guy in shorts with bloody, scratched up legs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually you are correct TH. You should try it sometime. Women were actually screaming with delight when they saw those puppies. I was invisible to most of them however, and I was fine with that.

    The men were more attracted to the pit bull/boxer mix we had with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Alan, now you have an idea of what Mom put up with when we were rugrats!! The noise, the activity ....at least we didn't claw up her legs, just varicosed them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to you Alan. A job well done for the animals

    ReplyDelete