Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Don't Care

Why the hell do we care so much about what Hollywood movie stars, and recording stars have to say? They aren't politicians, and as long as they make good movies, and records, it doesn't matter. I don't give a flying poop what stupid thing Mel Gibson said in a drunken stupor, I liked Apocalypto. During the late sixties, and early seventies, John Wayne spouted his conservative views, and supported war. I hated the Viet Nam War, but I loved John Wayne movies, and continued to watch them. Did The Dixie Chicks offend you when one of them suggested that George W. Bush was an idiot? Get over it, and enjoy the music.

I say this because I liked the Monday Night Football intros by Hank Williams Jr.. Now, because he said some outrageous thing on Fox News, I don't get to enjoy him screaming "Are you ready for some football" on Mondays. I don't care what he said. He's an idiot. He's a shit kicking, drunken fool, who has no idea about what's, what, because all he watches is Fox News, and listens only to Rush. I don't care. I want to hear him sing that song, I want him to sing out that the Bears are gonna suck tonight. I don't care about his politics. I am not a fan of firing celebrities, or boycotting them over some stupid thing they said.
Except for Imus. Imus sucked, and I hated his show.

5 comments:

  1. Hell Yeah! Couldn't agree with you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say let him back on drunk. It would be better than watching the Cowboys implode and crying in my G&T because the Phillies cratered.

    Actually now that my teams are done-for all tv should be shot, edited and acted totally blitzed-out inebriated. Especially news shows and political debates.

    ...and now off to watch Dexter and sharpen my knives

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Bowled last night and recorded the Bears/Lions game. I can't believe I stayed up until 2am to watch the Bears lose. The Cowboys? They are the Yankees of football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up with Tom Landry and Roger Staubach...this team is just riding that legacy...right into the ground.

    God help me, I'm gonna have to start watching hockey. It's either that or my girlfriend's taped episodes of Dancing With the Stars.

    American Horror Story shows great potential...the pilot creeped me out and every one of the characters has SERIOUS issues. Makes me feel right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that American Horror Story on the DVR, behind about thirty hours of other stuff I haven't watched yet.

    ReplyDelete