Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"But when I looked in her eyes I almost fell for my Lola"

L-O-L-A, Lola
I volunteer at Abandoned Pet Rescue twice a week, and once a month I help out at a pet meet and greet. Most folks who know me, know that, and most folks who know that call me when they find a stray animal.

Yesterday the phone rang. It was my friends Tommy and Carlos. In the background I could hear traffic, Tommy was calling from Andrews Avenue, and Sistrunk Boulevard, a not very nice neighborhood.
"Alan, a dog just jumped out of the SUV in front of us. What do we do?"
It turns out that while Tommy and Carlos were on their way to eat lunch downtown, this medium sized black dog suddenly lurched out the window of the moving car ahead of them. They jumped out of their car and hustled her over to safety on the side of the street. She had a few scrapes, and seemed quite scared. Meanwhile the SUV continued on without even a tap on the brakes. Was she pushed out? Hard to say, but she is quite traumatized. I told Tom to take her over to Abandoned Pet Rescue and see if they could scan her for a chip. Yes, she had a chip. No, it was not registered with anybody. She had no tags, and unfortunately APR has no room for her. They picked up three new large dogs over the holidays, and they are full. So Tommy and Carlos now have her over at their house with their three miniature Schnauzers. They put her on the county animal control, lost and found list, but if nobody claims her it is up to them to figure out what to do. They have already named her Lola, so that might give you a hint as to their leanings. Mark and I went over today to see her. She is very sweet, and docile. Simply a nice girl. Like I said, Tommy and Carlos already have three dogs in a town house without any yard, so if someone would like to adopt a sweet young dog, I'm sure they'd consider it.

6 comments:

  1. Attention Laura and Dustin: NO!!!!
    Surely there is someone in Florida who needs a new companion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet looking dog. If the person did push the dog out the window, how do they live with themselves? Hopefully someone will adopt this cutie and if not, she's already in a loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you listen to the lyrics of the song LOLA, its about a guy who meets a drag queen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just figured that out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any update on Lola?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lola is going to stay with the guys who found her. I am helping by babysitting her when they are out of town. In fact she's coming to visit Chandler and Sasha today. She really likes Chandler. Chandler likes to try and hump her. Sort of a give and take situation.

    ReplyDelete