Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grassholes

It was a beautiful morning yesterday, with a slight breeze, and sixty five degree temperature. I had got up early and was tip-toeing around the house, getting the cat food ready, and the dogs all harnessed up for their walks. A little earlier I opened all the windows to get some fresh air passing through, cleansing the house of the odors created by a couple of men living together, and the smell of dog. It was still only six thirty in the morning and the first faint light of day was filling the sky, when suddenly we were hit by an asshole storm.

Just across the fence behind my house is an office building. Because of the heat of Florida summers, the assholes who cut the grass over there start as early as possible. That means at six thirty in the morning they fired up their lawnmowers, leaf blowers, and edge trimmers. I have called the city about this before, and found out that the earliest they can do that stuff is eight in the morning. I can understand that they don't want to work in the hot sun of the afternoon, but it isn't summer! Our weather is beautiful, and the assholes could have waited until eight. True I was not sleeping, but Mark was, and this is really my only time of day where I can get some peace and quiet. It's kind of like when I was a kid and my mom would tell us not to wake the baby. She needed that down time. Same thing with Mark. I really need that down time without the nagging, and the whining, and listening to him scream at Fox News.

6 comments:

  1. The people in our neighborhood would kills someone who did that. I'm reluctant to start the lawnmower before 10 AM.

    Mark nags?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would someone even watch the Fox Propaganda Network? I get upset just passing by it on the way to MSNBC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of Mark's guilty pleasures, watching Faux, and screaming obscenities at them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have gone outside with my shot gun (Yes, I pack a rifle) and showed it to the workers and told them to stop or else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it wouldn't be loaded. I would just ask them if they would like to buy it or I'll have to pawn it. Then tell ask them politely if they would mind taking a break until 8 am or else I'll have to call the police and report them violating the noise ordinance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HOPE NO ONCE IS TAKING ME SERIOUSLY. THIS IS THE INTERNET...REMEMBER?

    ReplyDelete