Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Robo Nuts

It's primary election time here in Florida again. Poorly produced attack ads on television, and visiting politicians screwing up traffic are again the scourge of the state. The worst thing about election time though, are the phone calls. In past years I have endured relentless calls from pollsters, calls from political boiler rooms, and worst of all the dreaded robo call. Robo calls are the ones done by computers, with the recorded message that drones on about how horrible the other guy is. What I hate about them is that I can't scream obscenities at them. Well I can actually scream and curse all I want at them, they just can't hear me. This year however, things are different. This year there is no democratic primary, because President Obama has no challengers. The only crap being thrown around is being done by the republicans, and I am not registered as a republican. Hence, I am not being bugged every day by dozens of stupid phone calls by the political machines. Silence is what we have here. During dinner, during our evening television viewing, all day long, silence. Good thing I'm not a republican with a listed number, living in central Florida. My phone would be floating in the swimming pool by now.

2 comments:

  1. Obama will be re-elected so he can finish cleaning up the mess left by the Republican George Bush and friends. He may be our president but he makes a damn good white house custodian to clean up all the crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE!! What we have is better than the morons that the repubs are pushing. They must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete