Monday, January 30, 2012

Yeah

This happened just four houses down from my house.

Saturday morning the guy who lives down the street with the nice dog named 'Jake', burned his apartment down because he was being evicted. It really makes me think twice about all the times I've evicted people. Turns out he was a lawyer, and according to some of the neighbors he couldn't get licensed in Florida. I guess that coupled with the eviction made him one truly pissed off renter. What's so strange about this story is that it happened within spitting distance of my house at nine o'clock in the morning, and I didn't know about it until four in the afternoon. I didn't hear the fire engines, and I didn't smell any smoke. It wasn't until I took Chandler out for his afternoon walk that I saw the television news trucks, and fire investigators. It was kind of surreal, the burned out house surrounded by yellow crime scene tape, with neighbors all hanging around in front of it drinking wine, and gossiping about the lawyer. I tell you I was mighty pissed off that nobody came over to tell me about the wine party they were having just a few doors down from my house.
 

6 comments:

  1. you have the best neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could they have a wine party and not invite you? What were they thinking???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here at the trailer park I just heard of a story of when two lesbians at the park were fighting and throwing dishes around their trailer. All trailer park neighbors gathered around and drank beer and watch the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to call me when things like this happen. I just bought some wine too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any wine left? It doesn't sound like it.

    ReplyDelete