Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tiny Froggers

Last week we decided to have the frogs removed from the wall, and get the bedroom shower rebuilt. It was about four months ago that the plumber, while working on my tenants shower, told me that we had frogs in the wall, and that the shower in our bedroom bath was about to collapse into a sink hole. It was the two thousand dollar price tag that made me wait a so long to have it done. What finally spurred me on to call him back was the frog that hopped out from under the washing machine in the middle of the night, and started croaking in our bedroom. Neither dog seemed to hear it, but Mark and I both sat up in the bed, and I'll have to admit that for a few moments it scared me. I grabbed the flashlight I keep close at hand, and watched as the tiny little frog with the big voice hopped back into his hiding place under the washer.

So the plumber started on the job last Wednesday. He tore the place apart, and jack-hammered out the shower, and the floor under the shower. The next day he showed up and replaced the drain pipe, and P trap that goes under the shower. On Friday he came back and poured a new floor, and then asked for a check. Half the agreed upon price. It is now Three in the afternoon on Monday, and I haven't seen or heard from my plumber. On Thursday my friend Dennis is expected to arrive, and I would really like to have two working showers in the house. On top of that I have had to share my shower with Mark for the last five days. There is a very good reason I don't use the same shower as Mark. First there is the fact that it always looks like a tsunami has hit when he is done, and then there is the general messiness of Mark. Some people might call him a slob, but to keep things quiet around here, I just refer to it as disorganized. That is if you can call shampoo dripping down the side of a shelf, three half used rolls of toilet tissue sitting on the toilet tank, and a tube of toothpaste with the inside goo squeezed out all over the sink disorganized.
So tick, tick, tick, here I sit waiting for the plumber, who by the way, is not answering his telephone.

5 comments:

  1. Miss Piggy? Bib and napkin, knife and fork, is the only way that I'll touch pork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis dear, you can have all private accommodations if you stay in my motor home in the trailer park. The owner has a special weekly or monthly rate just for you. And you can walk to Alan's and the bars any time you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently the job was only worth half....just enough to get rip-shit drunk down there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you heard back from the plumber yet?

    ReplyDelete