Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It must be good. Look at the line.

"You want Chinese?"
"Ewww no, not tonight."
"Pizza?"
"No, I want to go out to eat."
"Burgers at that gay bar that's always empty on Monday, but has the really cheap drinks?"
"Naw, I get too drunk there. How about middle eastern food at Pita Paradise?"
So it was decided that we would go to Pita Paradise for dinner. Yes it sounds cheesy, but the food is pretty good. The only thing I don't like about Pita Paradise is that the owner is always trying to up-sell you, and we usually end up spending twice as much as we expected. Anyway, halfway to Pita Paradise we pass this Mexican restaurant. The parking lot is jammed full, and people are standing around outside holding Margaritas waiting to be seated.
"Hey, I forgot about that place. Let's go to the Mexican place for dinner." Mark suggested.
At that point I didn't care, I was hungry.
"Okay, fine."

So Mark whipped the car around and into the parking lot. This place was very busy, but we managed to get a table relatively fast. Mark ordered a half price Margarita, and I ordered a Corona to drink while we waited for our food. Okay, two things here. First, why is the plate always hot in a Mexican restaurant? Secondly, why do we always get fooled into going to places that seem cool because they have long lines, and everybody else is going there? I cannot honestly tell you why this place was packed on a Monday night. The food sucked. It was not even mediocre Mexican fare. My taco dinner came on a very hot plate with a huge pile of inedible rice, thin runny refried beans, and two burned tacos stuffed with mystery meat. And that was the big problem, the meat. What the hell kind of meat was it? On the menu it said beef, chunks of beef, but in my mouth it said giddy-up.

2 comments:

  1. Hey -- we had pita stuffed with minted lamb and greek salad tonight and it was DE-LISH.

    I think Mexican restaurants can get away with bad food because they slather every thing with cheese and sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another reason to go vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete