Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Our trip to Georgia part five (Midnight in the Garden of Food and Weevils)





Savannah, Georgia is a beautiful little city. You can’t get more ‘Southern’ than this. The trees are dripping with Spanish moss and the architecture is stunning. Just walking around the city is pleasurable. You are almost always under a green canopy of trees and moss.

For this reason many movies were made here. This is where they filmed ‘Forest Gump’ and ‘Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil’.

In the first photo I am sitting where Forest Gump was when the feather came floating down. The actual bench he sat on was a Hollywood prop and is now in some museum.

The second photo is me in front of the Mercer/Williams house. This where ‘Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' was filmed. The first floor windows to the left of the front entrance is the room where Jim Williams killed his young “friend”. By friend, I mean like my dad used to refer to Mark as “Alan’s special friend”.

No! The photo of the black man is not Mark turned grey after a week of driving around with me. He (The old man, not Mark) sings gospel songs in the square for $1. I gave him a dollar and he started singing something. All I can say is you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

  1. I guess life is like a box of chocolates....

    ReplyDelete