Saturday, December 29, 2007

An Apple a Day

The problem with Christmas gifts for your computer is that often they are incompatible with the computer you own. Of the five presents Mark got me for my computer, five of them were incompatible with the computer I have. The only answer of course is to buy a new computer.

Despite the ‘sirens’ call to buy a Mac from the cute guy in the commercial, I went with the frumpy PC guy who always seems to suffer from all that ails Microsoft PC‘s.
Following Mark’s advice I bought a computer on line from Best Buy. Just click on this and click on that, then go over to ‘Best Buy’ and pick up your new computer. It was really so very easy, we pulled up to the front of the store, walked in, and the computer was waiting for me at the door.

Like a little kid with a new toy, I ran home and started ripping into the package. In minutes I had my old computer off of my desk and the new one installed, every cable rerouted and plugged in. With the push of the power button, like some movie special effect, sparks and smoke poured out of the sleek new black computer. What did I expect? First of all, it was made in China, second, it was me, and nothing is ever ‘easy’ for me. You know that ‘Staples’ easy button? If it was in my house it would probably explode. So here I am more than thirty six hours later, and I think I finally have everything up and running. I had to go back and exchange the computer, then transfer all of my important files over from the old computer using, the anything but easy, ‘Belkin Easy Transfer Cable’ that I had to buy. But it was all worth it, because one of the new toys Mark got me for Christmas was a tiny little video recorder, and now with my new computer I can share my first videos of our Christmas morning with all of my friends and family.

So if you have the time here is ‘Yappy Mark’ and ‘Russell’s Gift’.

Yappy Mark

Russell's Gift..... sorry about the banner, I haven't made up my mind if I want to buy the software.

6 comments:

  1. Too bad you just can't get out of that PC box you're stuck in. My new Apple took 5 minutes to open the box, plug it in and was up and running. One firewire cable (which I had for my back-up hard drive) and one button and everything from my old computer was on the new one.
    I'm glad you can now put movies on your blog. Now I can hear you bicker on line instead of through the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whaaaa! It take one minute to download one second of your videos using my slow dial up service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like my gift. I'm not sure how many new photos you will take (digital now and all...) but you have another place for some of the old ones. I still have a shoe box full. The new camera seems to work great. Keep it clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the dialup. The videos won't be on here that often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alan you should have bought a Mac, take it out of the box and plug it in. The commercials are right, PC has too many problems. Stop being so mean to Mark or he'll stop feeding you!!

    Carolyn

    Thanks for the laughs again!!

    ReplyDelete