Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Man's Inhumanity to Man

Let’s see, I’m supposed to call my mortgage company to authorize payment of my hurricane insurance. That’s 1-800-123-4567, (phone ringing) ".................You have reached the insurance service center, please have your reference number and loan number ready. Por espanol, prensa ocho. If you are an insurance company representative, press one.....all others press two. Bleep. For information on blah blah blah blah, press one. For yadda yadda yadda yadda, press two. For the amount of so on, and so on, and so on, press three. Bleep. To access the correct information please enter your loan number followed by the pound sign. Bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep #, ......... I’m sorry but we can’t find your information, to return to the main menu please press star."

Bleeping #@$*&#%$#@* assholes!!!

Why is it so hard to talk to a human being when you call a business. Isn’t that what the people we outsourced work to in India are for? And what about the Mexicans, I thought they did the work Americans didn’t want to do, and did it for peanuts. I guess you get them if you ‘prensa ocho’. I just spent thirty minutes trying to talk to someone at my mortgage company. After going around in circles I finally laid on the zero button until a recording said "please hold while we connect you". When a human finally picked up, they informed me that I had called the wrong number, and that I should call 1-800-123-4567, which of course is the number that I had called. "Okay sir, I’ll connect you to the correct number, no need to curse". Bleep bleep (phone ringing)...... "You have reached the insurance service center, please have your reference number and loan number ready. Por espanol, prensa ocho.

I feel my blood pressure rising, I better call my health insurance company and make sure I’m covered.

3 comments:

  1. I know this isn't about your topic but.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan: I get just as frustrated as you do. I helped my grandmother find out about her telephone and satellite services while I was visiting her for Christmas. She had service she didn't need and was paying too much. I don't think she would have been able to get through all the prompts. I feel bad for anyone that has any sort of handicap and needs to use our automated systems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for calling our automated service.

    If you would like to use our automated service please press 1 now.

    If you are calling from a rotary phone please press 2 now.

    If you are calling about an inquiry of your bill please press 3now.

    If you have a question about your last payment please press 4 now.

    If you have a question about your account status please press 5 now.

    If you would have a complaint please press 6 now.

    If you would like a list of department extension numbers press 7 now.

    If you would like to reach someone please press 8 and enter their extension number now.

    If you would like to reach them by the first 3 initials of their last name press 9 now and the intials.

    If you would like this message repeated please press 10 now.

    If you feel you have reached this number in error please hang up and try your call again.

    If you are so frustrated with this automatic system and you can't remember all the options to make a coherant decision hang up now and seek therapy.

    ReplyDelete