Monday, April 8, 2013

Bye, Bye Directv

My vision has blurred, I have a slight headache, and I feel a bit nauseous, but I must forge ahead. Wednesday is the deadline. ATT is coming to install my new U-Verse internet, telephone, and television Wednesday afternoon. It's the television that is causing me the headache. You see I have about a hundred hours of recorded material on the Directv DVR that will be disconnected on Wednesday. I have already slogged through two hours of House Hunters International, and I am about half way through the five hours of American Pickers that I recorded. This deadline has made me discover exactly what I value. For instance I have deleted the movie The Graduate. I have seen that movie about a hundred times, and I know that TCM will show it again within two months. Last night I watched a movie called The Landlord for the first time in my life. It had been sitting on my DVR for the last month, and since it was under two hours long I figured I could afford the time. I can't believe I never saw that movie before, I loved it. There are also a few movies that have been waiting for me to watch that I recorded almost a year ago. I think I'll delete those. If I haven't found them compelling enough to watch by now, I don't think I ever will. I'll just have to catch Roll Bounce, and Glen or Glenda some other time.

What I am going through is nothing compared to what is going on in our bedroom. That is where Mark has recorded all his shows. He's been shut up in there for the last two days fully involved in a Bravo TV marathon. Every time I walk in there I can hear the monotonous monotones of The Real Housewives. He has been watching Real Housewife reunions, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Real Housewives Start a Bitch Slap Contest, The Real Housewives Meet the Mummy. I am truly afraid that by Wednesday I will have nothing but a zombie laying in that bedroom, his brains totally drained by reality television shows. He will be but a husk of a man, as empty as a Real Housewife's brain.

4 comments:

  1. Retirement has its perks. Enjoy. I on the other hand am constantly fighting with my rabbit ear antennas to get the best picture of the two channels I get...life in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you've had time to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how your new stuff is. We've had DirecTV for a long time and am sick of the crappy service. Have ATT internet and phone so maybe TV might work. Let us know!!

    ReplyDelete