Monday, April 29, 2013

Love Child

If I didn't know better I'd say Mark had a love child living next door. He's a little black kid about eight years old, and he always has the same sour scowl on his face that I am so familiar with in Mark. Yesterday there were a bunch of kids playing out in the street in front of our house. It was dog walking time and when I left to walk Sasha, all the little girls came running over to say hello to her. Not so mini-Mark, he just stood there and scowled. I took Sasha around the corner and down the block where she did her piddles and poops. Like a good neighbor, I picked up the poop in a lovely little pastel blue bag, and started back home. When I got near our house mini-Mark was there.
"What do you have in the bag?"
"Dog poop."
"That's nasty."
"Well I can't leave Sasha's poop on the neighbor's lawn. They wouldn't like it."
Mini-Mark cocked his head.
"How do you pick that up? With your bare hands?"
"No, oh no, I put the bag over my hand and grab the turds. I then pull it off and turn it inside out, tie it up, and then throw it away when I get home."
He scrunched up his nose, and in a most dismissive tone told me, "That's nasty, you're nasty."
He then turned and walked away. Like I said, if I didn't know better.

5 comments:

  1. I would have said it's candy and if he would like some. Then hand him the bag just to see if he would scream like a white woman. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. On fire. The saying is, "Like a white woman on fire."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny. I'm sure you can be a role model for mini Mark and he'll remember you fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm using "Mini-Mark" and "white woman on fire" in a sentence today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I don't want any little children remembering me too fondly. It's why I have a gate that's hard for children to open at the front of my property.

    ReplyDelete