Monday, September 17, 2007

Back Into the Closet.



















The most amazing thing about this past weekend (besides the Bears winning) is that I managed to do almost exactly what I intended. Clean out my office closet, put shelves in it, and throw out the crap. Even more amazing is that I didn’t hurt myself or fuck up in any way. I have all my fingers, including my thumbs, and I even used power tools without shooting a shard of metal into my eye.

The hardest part was prying the junk out of Marks hands. As I put crap aside to go into the trash, Mark would grab it and put it back into the keep pile. At one point I got Mark to go along with getting rid of his nearly worthless Beanie Baby collection. If I could have done it fast enough it would have been done, but as he looked at them and pulled each one out, he had a change of heart. They are now stuffed back into the closet taking up room until the day I can sneak them into the trash.



I did manage to sneak some crap into the trash can, but not nearly what I had hoped for. While pulling junk out of the closet I found clothes with tags still on them that were purchased years ago. I found VHS tapes of movies recorded off of the television that had deteriorated to the point that they were barely viewable. Cassette tapes of crappy bands from the 1980’s that hissed like a snake and haven’t been played in twenty years. All of that is stuffed back into the closet waiting for the next time I decide to clean out that closet, say in the year 2017. Maybe Mark will be ready to cut loose with that crap by then, because he’ll have so much more he'll have bought by then.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, what did you do with my painting. That is a valuable piece of art. You can give it to Russell if you don't want it or I'll take it back.

    Why didn't you give stuff to Poverello Thift Store to help PWA's?

    One more note: Someone once said that we wear 20% of our clothing 80% of the time. So time to pitch those jeans we are hoping to fit back into again someday. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is still in storage. We have very little wall space so I have a hard time finding a place for all the art we have. We tend to rotate it. Bill Sawicki's 'Tree of Life' is behind the television.

    ReplyDelete