Friday, September 28, 2007

Can't We All Just Get Along?

I have lived alone enough in my life to appreciate the joy of watching what I want on TV, listening to the music I want when I want to, and generally not being bothered by the needs of another person. For ten years now I have had to compromise because I live with Mark. As long as I get to watch my football and baseball I can live with it.

My sister recently sent me an e-mail with lists of ten things entitled,

10 TRUTHS BLACK AND HISPANIC PEOPLE KNOW, BUT WHITE PEOPLE WON'T ADMIT:

10 TRUTHS WHITE AND BLACK PEOPLE KNOW, BUT HISPANIC PEOPLE WON'T ADMIT:

10 TRUTHS WHITE AND HISPANIC PEOPLE KNOW, BUT BLACK PEOPLE WON'T ADMIT:
These were mildly amusing lists and if you want to see them e-mail me and I will forward them to you.

The only problem is with the last list about black people. There is one thing not on there that I think should have been included over many of the others, and that is ‘The people in the movie or television show cannot hear you’. Stop talking to them. In other words, SHUT THE F**K UP!!

Maybe this is just another stereotype and I have the only black person in America who talks to the television living in my house. I, however, doubt that because I have heard this phenomena among black people before. I haven’t watched a movie or TV show in ten years without having to say "what did they say?" or "shhhhhh, hush, quiet". My usual signal to Mark that he’s talking too much is to put the TiVo on hold and turn and look at him instead of the television. This usually results in him saying "Sorry, am I talking too much?". No you aren’t, the people in the movie are just being rude and talking over you.




Every Sunday morning we watch ‘Meet the Press’, ‘Face the Nation’, and some of the other political shows. For some reason Mark thinks he’s one of the people on the panel and has debates with them. It gets worse when a republican is on. That’s when Marks voice goes up to the highest pitch he is capable of (and that’s pretty high) causing Molly to cover her ears. Subjecting me to this is one thing, but for a dog with sensitive ears it must be painful. I just hope Peta doesn’t hear about this.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so much at this one. This sounds like something off of Americas Funniest Videos or YouTube.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO ANNOYING!!! I understand having an opinion, but wait till after the show to share it...... And children should not be allowed in a theater. If they are, there should be a law that states as soon as they start making noise, toss them out. First smack 'em, then toss them out. I really love children, just believe in capital punishment.

    ReplyDelete