Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Marks Cheesy Balls


I want to introduce a video that was sent to me by one of my brothers or sisters. Because of my bad short term memory and the fact that I deleted the e-mail after saving the video, I don’t know who sent it.




As anyone who has ever had dinner at our house knows, Mark is an excellent cook. He will try to make anything he sees on TV or in a cook book. The other night we had sautéed goat cheese balls stuffed with sun dried tomatoes as a appetizer. Man they were good, but definitely not on my diet.




Mark is also a big scaredy cat and afraid of creatures big and small. He thinks when the cat licks his hand, that it’s sizing him up for a meal and is within seconds of biting him. A palmetto bug sends him running from a room, screaming for me to go in and execute the offending beast. For years he thought that when Molly went to give him a big dog kiss that she was trying to bite him. She thought that was funny and he was playing with her so she’d go after him even harder.



But I digress. The following video, however not of Mark, is an accurate recreation, with a nice lady standing in for him, of the day Mark decided to make fresh, live lobster.



By the way Garet, you don’t have to comment. We already know what you’ll say. Hehehe.

7 comments:

  1. No comment.

    All I want to say is I am a professional educator. So if you want to educate yourself on these wonderful creaters of the sea go to this website:

    http://www.lobsterlib.com/fascinating.html

    http://www.lobsterlib.com/dangerous.html

    http://www.lobsterlib.com/lobstersfeelpain.html

    Oh and don't forget to sign up for a free gourmet vegetarian starter kit at:

    http://www.goveg.com/vegetarian101.asp (bottom of page)

    By the way, have you guys been to Florida's only Vegan Gourmet Restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale called "Sublime"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its okay Garet...I'm sure Laura is on your side, as in vegetarian side. I have never been a lobster fan and always wondered why they had to be boiled alive. The "they don't feel pain" group are probably the same people who professed for all those years that our baby boys don't feel pain during circumcision. Liars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure that wasn't Mark? It actually sounded like him. Sorry Mark. I love Lobster but have never cooked live ones. I hear they really scream too. Garet, Sublime is supposed to be fantastic, for that type of food...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That typo is suppose to be "creatures".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have alraedy suggested that you guys open up a restaurant with mark being the chef. Mark is that good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peggy, I'm sure the cows scream when they kill them for your steak. I would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Alan will need to do an article on circumcision now.

    Many women profess about the "Freedom of Choice" especially with the abortion issue. If they do have children they may then circumcise their male babies. Hey, where is the "Freedom of Choice for those baby boys!

    Is it me or is this article sparking a variety of comments? ..from Mark's cooking, to Lobster Liberation, to Vegetarianism, to Circumcision, to pain infliction. It's open season for any topic here on Alan World.

    ReplyDelete