Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Son of a Bitch!!

"Son of a Bitch." That is what was heard last Friday all around Chicago and among Cub’s fans everywhere instead of "Cub’s Win!, Cub’s Win!". I feel sorry for Chicago Cub fans who live in Chicago because you had your spirits lifted a week ago when the Cubs got into the playoffs for the first time since the famous 2003 Marlins meltdown. This will make for a long winter, despite global warming, as fans wait for April and the start of a new baseball season to come. Chicagoans need something to help get them through the long harsh, gray winters and a winning sports team always makes things brighter. I’m sure Michael Jordan’s last year of basketball in Chicago, made the winter fly by. That Bulls team just couldn’t lose. Here in Florida, I was upset with the Cubs losing, but it wasn’t unexpected. The difference is that winter is the finest season here in Fort Lauderdale. The first balmy seventy five degree day here will wipe out all memories of the Cubs choke-fest. On New Years day I’ll be out back firing up the grill and watching football, the Cubs a distant memory. Maybe the Bears will come back or the Bulls will move up a notch and win the championship. That would be great, especially for me and my Mom because then when I call her, she and I will have something to talk about besides the cute things our dogs did this past week.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Russell, another sports oriented post. You have to admit yesterdays poop in the taxi post was fun.

    Mañana es por los gatos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! I didn't see that you sent me a reply on this till now....thanks. Yes, poop was too funny. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sports posts...btw you can always get mom talking about something else. Just mention Bush...

    ReplyDelete