Tuesday, February 19, 2008

That be Mob Heata, Nilla

I was listening to an old 'Steely Dan' album (a popular group from before most people were born), and wondering how the hell can it be thirty years since I first heard this album, and why didn‘t it win any Grammy’s in 1978? This year Amy Winehouse won a lot of Grammy's, and she really sucks. An alley cat in heat could sing as well as Amy Winehouse. If the cat could go into rehab, they would probably give it a Grammy. The Grammy’s are having a hard time lately finding anything worthy of an award because, lets face it, most of today’s music is crap. For fear of sounding too much like my father, let me point out that I do buy new artists like John Legend, Alicia Keys, John Mayer, and Queen Latifah. I even have an Amy Winehouse CD, purchased on some bad advise.

Unfortunately, right now I am listening to rap “music”. I am listening to loud obnoxious rap “music” and I have no choice but to listen to it. No one on my property is playing this, nor has anyone who lives here requested it. There is a man next door, sitting in his car, who believes that this entire neighborhood would be a much better place to live in if we all could appreciate his taste in music. So he has turned his car stereo up loud enough for us all to hear. "Thumpa, thumpa, thumpa, niggah this, niggah that, you be my ‘ho’ bitch, thumpa, thumpa."
The music sounds like it’s coming from speakers mounted in tin cans somewhere in his car, and the vocals are all but undecipherable except of course for the dirty parts. I’m sure that if I were sitting in his car, it could not possibly sound any better. When he plays this “music” my windows rattle and everything vibrates just like when the dinosaurs were coming in ’Jurassic Park’. I have asked him to turn it down a few times in the past, to no avail. Yes, I have called the police on him previously, but after my recent experiences with the police, I don’t really want to deal with them for awhile. I have also asked the owner of the property if he could get him to stop, the answer was “I don’t think he’ll listen to me”. The last time I said anything, I was chatting with Nonny, the lady across the street, and I realized we couldn’t even hear each other talk, so I walked towards him and screamed at him to “TURN THAT DAMN THING DOWN!”. He actually did turn the damn thing down, that time.

I’m not sure what to do at this point, but I have been digging out all of my Dwight Yokum CD’s and have found a hundred foot spool of speaker wire, and speakers. I also have some Hank Williams he might like to hear, it sounds real good turned up loud.

10 comments:

  1. I agree with you. The music now a days SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no that's tame.
    you need to blast some death metal to scare him away.

    ...or Jimmy Buffett...

    gives me chills just thinking about it. Forget turning my music down...I'd move if someone did that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect!! I think your idea of wiring up yourself and blaring out a few of your own tunes might be exactly what this guy needs. How bout some Patsy Cline?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like obnoxious neighbors who think because they are paying for a plot of land they own all the air around them! Rudeness is a growing problem and without a bunch of "big Al's" to knock them around...I guess it will just get worse. I have a good friend who is moving because of an ignorant next-door neighbor. And they had put up with a lot before finally throwing in the towel. I really hope someone even more obnoxious moves in and gives them payback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The guy who does this, doesn't even live there. He just happens to be the fat girl in the back apartment's 'baby daddy' (I hate that term).

    Laura, it's hard to move when you own the property you live in and the market is totally dead. Oh, and also my home's value has dropped $100,000 in the last two years. I'm stuck here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put locks on your gates, don't let your pets outside unsupervised, and blast him with some Doris Day singing. I've got a cd of her greatest hits. Do you want it? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you considered selling half interest in your house to a family member or friend, then buying somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any Winehouse rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any Winehouse rocks? Not Mogen David, that wine house sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was AMY WINEHOUSE. I love her music. It's so 1960's.
    Am I dating myself?

    ReplyDelete